1. Summary

The Discretionary Assistance Fund provides 2 types of grant that you don’t need to pay back.

Emergency Assistance Payment (EAP)

A grant to help with essential costs after an emergency or if you have experienced a disaster such as a flood or fire in your home.

The payment will help you cover the cost of food, gas and electricity, clothing and emergency travel. 

Individual Assistance Payment (IAP)

A grant to help you or someone you care for live independently rather than enter or remain in an institution such as a care home or hospital.  

With this grant you can receive:

  • white goods such as a fridge, cooker and washing machine
  • essential home items such as beds, bedding and seating