A report which shows information on area of woodland, new planting, economic output and the amount of visits to woodland for April 2017 to March 2018.
- In 2018 woodland cover in Wales was 308,000 ha, 157,000 hectares of broadleaves; and 151,000 hectares of conifers.
- In 2017, 41,900 hectares of urban area in Wales had tree cover.
- Forestry is predicted to remain a net sink for atmospheric carbon.
- 77% of adults surveyed in Wales had visited woodland for recreation in the last 12 months.
- Between 10,300 and 11,000 people worked in the forestry sector in Wales in 2017.
- In 2017 the total Gross Value Added (GVA) of the forestry sector was £665 million.
Tel: 0300 025 5413
Tel: 0300 025 8099