We want to work with taxpayers, their representatives and the Welsh public to deliver a fair tax system for Wales.
We have worked with you to develop a charter which sets out joint values, behaviours and standards which enable us to work together more easily:
- Secure: protect all information and respect confidentiality.
- Supportive: create guidance and provide support when you ask for help. Build and use effective digital services.
- Fair: be honest in our dealings with each other and create a level playing field so all taxpayers are treated equally. Tackle evasion and avoidance, use powers consistently and proportionately.
- Engaging: support the Welsh Public to understand devolved taxation and work together to develop it for the benefit of Wales.
- Responsive: listen to each others points of view and be open in our conversations, act on feedback and advice given. Treat each other with respect.
- Bilingual: confidence to conduct our business in Welsh and English.
- Accurate: work together to get things right and correct them if we need to, share accurate data and information, taking reasonable care to avoid mistakes. Keep accurate records.
- Efficient: respond quickly to each other, submit returns and process requests on time. Identify ways we can improve the service.
Our charter applies to everyone that we work with - both our delivery partners (for example, Natural Resources Wales), taxpayers and their representatives. It applies to all the dealings we have with you on the taxes we are delivering – when you are dealing with HMRC their charter will apply.
We are going to be developing our charter with you. Let us know if you want to be involved.
You can also leave us feedback to let us know how we are doing.
If you need to resolve an issue, the easiest way to do this is contact the person you are already dealing with. You can also make a complaint if you want to.