In this guide
To be eligible for the Shared Ownership – Wales scheme, you must:
- be buying a share in an eligible home from a participating landlord
- have a combined household income of £60,000 or less each year
- be a first time buyer or:
- be a newly forming household; for example, starting again after a relationship break-up, or
- be relocating for work purposes to an area where property prices do not allow you to buy a home suitable for your family size.
- not currently own another home, unless a court order forces you to remain on the deeds of a property where your children live.
- be unable to afford to buy a property suitable for their family size on the open market
- not sub-let any part of the home being bought through the scheme
- must be financially able to buy the minimum share available, pass the financial assessment and secure a mortgage