Spending time with your children can be rewarding. It can also be challenging, especially during this time when we are staying at home.
For your family’s wellbeing, it is important to Stay Positive. Our expert and peer guidance is here to support.
It’s common for young children to get overwhelmed by big emotions. Their reaction to these emotions can lead to behaviour we may not understand or know how to respond.
Explore our range of resources produced by experts and parents to understand your child’s emotional development, their behaviour and how you can respond.
- Our 10 Top Tips support parents and carers of babies and young children at home (suitable from birth – 4).
- Even though it may not feel like it, most of the behaviour you think of as naughty is actually normal behaviour for your child’s age. Take time to think about how you respond to unwanted or problem behaviour.
- The Family Lives website provides parenting and family support.
- The Children’s Commissioner website has an information hub for both families and children.
- Families Under Pressure is a series of twelve short films offering parenting tips featuring the recognisable voices of a host of well-known parents.