The Outpatient Activity Minimum Dataset includes data on new attendances, total attendances and outpatients who did not attend for April 2017 to March 2018.
- There were over 3 million outpatient attendances in Wales in 2017-18 (3,068,773) of these, 942,354 were new attendances.
- The number of outpatient attendances is broadly unchanged over the last 10 years. However the outpatient dataset covers consultant or independent nurse led appointments only, so appointments with other health professionals, telemedicine etc. are not captured.
- The rate of new attendances per 1,000 resident population has decreased this year from 314 per 1,000 in 2016-17 to 302 per 1,000 in 2017-18.
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg was the health board with the highest rate of new attendances in 2017-18. Powys had the lowest rate.
- The percentage of all outpatient appointments where the patient did not attend was the lowest on record, 0.2 percentage points lower than 2016-17.
Outpatient activity, summary results for April 2017 to March 2018
file type: PDF, file size: 601 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 3633
Tel: 0300 025 8099