The Outpatient Activity Minimum Dataset includes data on new attendances, total attendances and outpatients who did not attend for April 2018 to March 2019.
The outpatient dataset covers consultant or independent nurse led appointments only, so appointments with other health professionals and telemedicine are not captured.
- There were over 3 million outpatient attendances in Wales in 2018-19 (3,097,636) and of these, 961,819 were new attendances.
- The number of outpatient attendances is broadly unchanged over the last 10 years.
- The rate of new attendances per 1,000 resident population has increased this year from 302 per 1,000 in 2017-18 to 306 per 1,000 in 2018-19.
- Abertawe Bro Morgannwg was the health board with the highest rate of new attendances in 2018-19. Powys had the lowest rate.
- The percentage of all outpatient appointments where the patient did not attend was the lowest on record, 0.8 percentage points lower than 2017-18.
Outpatient activity minimum dataset: summary results, April 2018 to March 2019
file type: PDF, file size: 569 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5741
Tel: 0300 025 8099