Number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts for October to December 2019.
- 43,825 calls were made to the main 0845 number, of which 28,241 were answered.
- 9,186 other calls (17%) were made to information lines or were transferred from A&E departments.
- More calls were made and answered on weekend days, though a larger proportion of calls were answered during weekdays.
- 1,279,982 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website.
- 861 online enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service.
- 49.8% of calls where a final outcome was recorded were directed towards primary care, 23.6% to A&E, and an ambulance was called in 10.9% of calls. The remaining 15.8% were provided with information or self care advice.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099