Number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts for January to March 2020.
- 56,845 calls were made to the main 0845 number, of which 26,492 were answered.
- Over 2.5 million visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website.
- Just over 522,000 visits were made to the online symptom checker, and nearly three quarters of these (384,000) were for coronavirus symptoms.
- 991 online enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service.
- 47% of calls where a final outcome was recorded were directed towards primary care, 16% to A&E, and an ambulance was called in 8% of calls. The remaining 29% were provided with information or self care advice.
The operation of 111 Wales now covers more than 52% of the population; this affects the number of calls to NHS Direct Wales. As a result, this will be the last release in the NHS Direct Wales series.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099