Number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts for January to March 2019.
- 50,867 calls were made to the main 0845 number, of which 35,742 were answered; 11,089 other calls (18%) were made to information lines or were transferred from A&E departments.
- More calls were made and answered on weekend days, though a larger proportion of calls were answered during weekdays.
- 872,745 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website.
- 715 online enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service.
- 50% of calls where a final outcome was recorded were directed towards primary care, 22% to A&E, and an ambulance was called in 10% of calls. The remaining 18% were provided with information or self care advice.
NHS Direct update, January to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 692 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099