Skip to main content

Poultry keepers can apply for licences for some low risk movements from any Protection Zone or Surveillance Zones currently in force.

Part of:
First published:
1 February 2021
Last updated:

General licences

Specific licences

If you need to move something that is restricted in any current Protection Zone or Surveillance Zones, you should apply to the Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA). 

Complete the application requesting exemption from restrictions (EXD100) form. Email to

You should give the licensing team as much notice as possible to process the requests. Aim to allow at least 3 days for your licence application to be processed. Complex and high-risk movements will require extra time to assess and process. 

We will try to clear urgent applications with less than 3 days’ notice but you should make contingency plans in case this is not possible.

If a licence is issued, it will normally allow a one-off movement and will be subject to certain conditions based on disease control risk.