Our annual Land Transaction Tax (LTT) statistics provide a greater level of detail, including analysis within Wales
This annual report for Land Transaction Tax (LTT) comments on:
- number of transactions, tax due, and value of property taxed
- analysis of residential and non-residential transactions by value
- tax reliefs
- refunds of the higher rate of residential tax
- money received by the Welsh Revenue Authority (WRA) and the WRA accounts
We provide annual breakdowns within Wales by:
- local authority
- Senedd constituency (for residential transactions only)
- level of deprivation, using the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation (for residential transactions only)
- built up areas (for residential transactions only)
This report also comments on:
- the number of transactions submitted to the Welsh Revenue Authority up to June 2020
- the impact so far of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak on levels of transactions
Please see the ‘Data’ section below for a spreadsheet with data tables and chart data used in this quarterly report. Also see the StatsWales website for detailed LTT datasets.
We also publish monthly and quarterly statistics, which can be found on the Land Transaction Tax series page.
Monthly statistics are data-only updates with no commentary. Monthly statistics may have more up-to-date data than quarterly or annual statistics.
Datasets and interactive tools