How to create and edit the 'publication: promotional material' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
Before you create or edit content, you need to read and understand:
You should also have a version of the content ready for publication.
grouping materials supporting a campaign, guidance or policy onto 1 page
This content is supplementary and is not the primary:
- campaign content designed to change the audience’s behaviour
- guidance explaining how to do something
This content is usually intended for use by other people to help communicate our work, for example:
- a poster to display to raise awareness of a campaign
- social media images designed to encourage users to view the primary campaign content
How to create
Creating a new publication: promotional material
- Log in to GOV.WALES and LLYW.CYMRU.
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Publication.
- Select Promotional material from the Publication field.
- Complete the Title field.
- Complete the Summary field.
- To add a document that is not in HTML select Publication document from the PUBLICATION DOCUMENTS. Then select Add new publication document.
- Complete the Name field with the document title. Make sure that your document conforms with document filename guidance. Use the File field to upload your file.
- If your document is in PDF format, select Generate a thumbnail to create an automatic thumbnail.
- If the document you are uploading is not a PDF, you must create a thumbnail and upload it. The thumbnail should be 160px (W) x 230px (H). Use the Thumbnail field to upload the thumbnail.
- If the document is only available in English or Welsh, select that language from the Language availability menu.
- When all fields are completed, select Create publication document.
- Repeat steps 7 to 12 to add more non HTML documents.
- Tag to relevant Topics.
- If content is from or about an organisation complete EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS with the name of the organisation.
- Add up to around 5 INTERNAL LINKS (NODE) to content directly related to the user needs being met by the publication: promotional material.
- Do not usually complete INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS). Either the publication: promotional material is relevant to a topic therefore tagged to it or linked to pages meeting specific user needs.
- To link to another website select Add External Link.
- To save and edit again before publishing select Save and Create New Draft. To save and specify when to publish in the future, set a date and time in SCHEDULING OPTIONS (expand this field which is usually to the right of the main editing fields). Then select Save and Approve to go live.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation). To save and publish on the date set in step 20, after selecting Save and Make Draft (this translation) select Save and Approve to go live (this translation).
- Ensure the Welsh and the English are in the same published state and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
Editing an existing publication: promotional material
- Find the existing publication: promotional material either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the publication: promotional material.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the publication: promotional material.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the publication: promotional material.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
Do not use the content paragraph on publication: promotional material.
Do not use the accordion paragraph on publication: promotional material.
Paragraphs: related links
Follow the related links definition to add related links. You can use this to link to the live campaign.
Paragraphs: contact details
Do not use the contact details paragraph on publication: promotional material.
Paragraphs: call out message
Do not use the call out message paragraph on publication: promotional material.
Use only to embed a YouTube video.