How to create and edit the 'publication: map' content type on GOV.WALES.
When to use
How to create
Creating a new publication: map
- Log in to GOV.WALES and LLYW.CYMRU.
- Select the Workbench view in GOV.WALES (you must start on the English site).
- Select Create content.
- Select Publication.
- Select Map from the Publication field.
- Complete the Title field.
- Complete the Summary field.
- To add a document select Publication document from the PUBLICATION DOCUMENTS menu. Then select Add new publication document.
- Complete the Name field with the document title. Make sure that your document conforms with document filename guidance. Use the File field to upload your file.
- If your document is in PDF format, select Generate a thumbnail to create an automatic thumbnail.
- If the document you are uploading is not a PDF, you must create a thumbnail and upload it. The thumbnail should be 160px (W) x 230px (H). Use the Thumbnail field to upload the thumbnail.
- If the document is only available in English or Welsh, select that language from the Language availability menu.
- When all fields are completed, select Create publication document.
- Repeat steps 7 to 12 to add more documents.
- If you have any additional content, select Add Content and paste any content into the Content field. This will always appear below the documents on the page.
- Tag to relevant Topics.
- If content is from or about an organisation complete EXTERNAL ORGANISATIONS with the name of the organisation.
- Add up to around 5 INTERNAL LINKS (NODE) to content directly related to the user needs being met by the publication: map.
- Do not usually complete INTERNAL LINKS (TERMS). Either the publication: map is relevant to a topic therefore tagged to it or linked to pages meeting specific user needs.
- To link to another website select Add External Link.
- To save and edit again before publishing select Save and Create New Draft. To save and specify when to publish in the future, set a date and time in SCHEDULING OPTIONS (expand this field which is usually to the right of the main editing fields). Then select Save and Approve to go live.
- To add the Welsh content, select TRANSLATE.
- Select Add from row labelled Welsh.
- Update fields with Welsh language content.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation). To save and publish on the date set in step 21, after selecting Save and Make Draft (this translation) select Save and Approve to go live (this translation).
- Ensure the Welsh and the English are in the same published state and check both languages, for example layout is correct and links work.
Editing an existing publication: map
- Find the existing publication: map either by browsing the public site or select Workbench then All recent content. You must do this on GOV.WALES as the English content must be edited first.
- Open the publication: map.
- Select EDIT DRAFT or NEW DRAFT.
- Edit the publication: map.
- Complete Revision log message (all languages) with brief summary of changes.
- To save changes without making them public select Save and Create New Draft (this translation). To save and make changes public select Save and publish (this translation).
- Make the same changes to the Welsh version of the publication: map.
Lists which components are available and how to use them if they are allowed.
The content paragraph is optional for a publication: map. It can be used to provide further information.
Do not use the accordion paragraph on publication: map.
Paragraphs: related links
Do not use the related links paragraph on publication: map.
Paragraphs: contact details
Do not use the contact details paragraph on publication: map.
Paragraphs: call out message
Do not use the call out message paragraph on publication: map.