The report looks at people who care for or support family, friends or neighbours for free and the time they spend caring for April 2019 to March 2020.
This is the latest release
- 29% of people provided unpaid care or support to others in 2019-20.
People who are carers (for more than 5 hours per week) are likely to have one or more of the following characteristics:
- being aged 45 and over
- being female
- living in social housing rather than being an owner-occupier
- living in the 20% most deprived areas of Wales
- feeling low levels of satisfaction with life
- having a limiting long-term illness
- being unemployed or economically inactive
Telephone: 0300 025 6685
Telephone: 0300 025 8099