Skip to content

Writing to ministers

Related Links

Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.
Ministers may be contacted by email or post. We aim to reply within 17 working days.

Each minister’s biographical details page lists the devolved matters for which they have responsibility. Non-devolved matters remain the responsibility of the UK government.


First Minister
Carwyn Jones:

Counsel General
Jeremy Miles:

Cabinet Secretary for Local Government and Public Services
Alun Davies:

Cabinet Secretary for Finance
Mark Drakeford:

Cabinet Secretary for Health  and Social Services
Vaughan Gething:

Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs
Lesley Griffiths:

Cabinet Secretary for Economy and Transport
Ken Skates:

Cabinet Secretary for Education
Kirsty Williams:

Leader of the House and Chief Whip
Julie James:

Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sport
Dafydd Elis-Thomas:

Minister for Housing and Regeneration
Rebecca Evans:

Minister for Environment
Hannah Blythyn:

Minister for Lifelong Learning and Welsh Language
Eluned Morgan:

Minister for Children and Social Care
Huw Irranca-Davies:


Minister for …
Welsh Government
5th Floor
Tŷ Hywel
Cardiff Bay
CF99 1NA

We welcome receiving correspondence in Welsh. Any correspondence received in Welsh will be answered in Welsh and corresponding in Welsh will not lead to a delay in responding.

Ministers receive a lot of correspondence and cannot always reply personally. You may receive a reply on their behalf from a civil servant.

Correspondence that is copied to a number of ministers will normally receive a response from the minister with portfolio responsibility for the subject matter, or an official on their behalf.

Letters copied to ministers do not usually receive a response and will be filed for information.

Organisers of campaigns will generally receive a response from the appropriate minister. Campaign letters and postcards will be filed.

To contact a minister in their separate role as your constituency Assembly Member visit the National Assembly for Wales (external link).

If you are an elected representative (including Assembly Members, members of Parliament, members of the European Parliament and councillors), see below for information about writing to ministers and how your correspondence will be processed.