We want to make improvements along the A40 between Carmarthen and St Clears.
Why we are doing it
We want to:
- make the road safer for drivers
- make it easier and safer for people to walk or cycle
- make it easier for people to travel between Carmarthen and St Clears.
The scheme is progressing through the Welsh Government Transport Appraisal Guidance (WelTAG) and is currently at the stage of identifying preferred options.
Once we have found a preferred option, we will carry out a WelTAG stage 3 report.
What we are doing
- reviewing the road safety and operational issues
- considering how the cross-section, road features and laybys are used
- considering how we can make it easier for people to travel in different ways.
How we are consulting
As part of the WelTAG process, we have consulted local residents, businesses, community councils, emergency services and Carmarthenshire County Council.