Kirsty Williams, Cabinet Secretary for Education
I am delighted to announce the Chair and Board Members of the National Academy for Educational Leadership, following a public appointments process.
As a Board they will play a vital role in ensuring that the Academy meets its aim of ensuring leaders in the education system have access to coherent accessible and high quality leadership development opportunities that meet their needs wherever they are and whatever their career stage and ambitions.
The Board are:
Dr Sue Davies – Sue is an internationally recognised education expert with both academic, quality assurance and teaching experience. She has worked across multiple sectors and brings considerable knowledge and standing to the role.
- Dr John Graystone - John has a wealth of experience, in particular with FE leadership, but is also a Board Member and Chair for various public and third sector bodies
- Prof Stephen Hagen - Stephen is an experienced senior manager and academic leader in the UK Higher Education sector and internationally
- Michael James - Michael has valuable skills around finance, audit and also extensive leadership experience at a global finance company
- Rosemary Jones OBE - Rosemary has extensive experience of working as secondary Headteacher and has expertise in Welsh medium education and is a Welsh speaker
- Dr Paul Marshall - Paul brings significant financial and audit experience, as well as a successful background in HE across the UK
- Davina Payne - Davina has a media and communications background as well as owning her own media company. She is also a lay panel member for Social Care Wales
- Claire Williams - Claire brings the valuable experience of a successful current Primary Headteacher to the Board