Kirsty Williams, Cabinet Secretary for Education
In December 2017 I provided an update on the development of the National Academy for Educational Leadership which included announcing the recruitment of Academy Associates for a pilot programme.
12 Associates have now been chosen who will be in a unique position to influence the initial work of the Academy and help secure its standing among school leaders and shape the Associate role for the future.
Associates will have the opportunity to engage in the first leadership development programme to be designed on behalf of the Academy. This programme will develop and strengthen the skills and knowledge they require to play a strategic system-leadership role across Wales.
The 12 Associates are:
- Gill Ellis – Blenheim Road and Coed Eva Primary Federation (Torfaen)
- John Kendall – Risca Community Comprehensive School (Caerphilly)
- Christine Jackson – Glasllwch Primary School (Newport)
- Jeremy Griffiths – Ysgol Gwynedd (Flintshire)
- Gwyn Tudur – Tryfan Secondary School (Gwynedd)
- Sue Roberts – Ysgol Ffordd Dyffryn (Conwy)
- Clive Williams – Ysgol Gymraeg Aberystwyth (Ceredigion)
- Jan Waldren – Pontarddulais Comprehensive School (Swansea)
- Karen Lawrence – Llanfaes Primary (Powys)
- Janet Hayward – Cadoxton Primary (Vale of Glamorgan)
- Emma Coates – Llanhari Primary School (Rhondda,Cynon,Taff)
- Huw Powell – Mary Immaculate High School (Cardiff)