The Rt Hon Carwyn Jones AM, First Minister of Wales
At a meeting of the Joint Ministerial Committee (Plenary) on 19 September 2012, a revised inter-governmental Memorandum of Understanding was agreed between the UK Government, the Scottish Ministers, the Welsh Ministers and the Northern Ireland Executive Committee.
The revised Memorandum of Understanding, which was last published in 2011, reaffirms the principles of co-operation underpinning the relationship between the UK Government and the Devolved Administrations. I have today laid the full text of the Memorandum of Understanding before the Assembly. It is also being presented to the other three legislatures.
The meeting agreed amendments to the following parts of the Memorandum of Understanding:
- Responsibility for the chairing of JMC formats (Explanatory Note);
- Confidentiality and correspondence: handling information in the context of information-related legislation (paragraphs 12 and 13);
- JMC meetings to deal with disputes: media handling (paragraph A3.16);
- Concordat on Co-ordination of European Union Policy Issues: Common Annex (section B4); and
- Concordat on Financial Assistance to Industry (section C).