Kirsty Williams AM, Minister for Education
I am delighted to announce the Chair and Members of the new Independent Welsh Pay Review Body, following a public appointments process.
The members are:
- Mrs Sharron Lusher – Chair
- Dr Emyr Roberts – Member
- Mr Gareth Pierce – Member
- Professor Maria Hinfelaar – Member
- Professor Stephen Wilks – Member
- Mrs Gillian Murgatroyd – Member
- Dr John Graystone – Member
- Mr Simon Brown – Member
The Body will be responsible for making recommendations to the Welsh Government on the pay and conditions of school teachers in Wales.
The Body will also assess evidence from key stakeholders representing schools and the teacher workforce in Wales, playing a critical role in providing constructive strategic challenge, support, direction and understanding of issues facing schools in Wales.