Edwina Hart, Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science
I have set up a Business Wales Strategic Board, under the Chairmanship of Robert Lloyd-Griffiths, Director Wales, Institute of Directors.
The Micro-Business Report, launched in January 2012, recommended that a One Stop Shop service is established to support businesses in Wales. As a result the Business Wales One Stop Shop service became operational on 2 January 2013. The service compliments the existing Business Wales website and helpline.
The purpose of the Strategic Board is to strategically monitor, evaluate and suggest improvements to the Business Wales One Stop Shop service.
The role of the Strategic Board is to:
- Provide advice to the Minister for Business, Enterprise, Technology and Science, officials and the providers on the delivery and direction of the service, by ensuring that the needs of micro, small and medium sized enterprises are taken into account;
- Regularly review and monitor the delivery and impact of the service to ensure continuous improvement and a focus on quality;
- Promote the service to the business sector;
- Keep in touch with key stakeholders to ensure concerns are dealt with and opportunities seized;
- To create and maintain mutually beneficially relationships with key stakeholders in order to be able to deliver a streamlined support for business; and
- To monitor and advise on suitable areas for development as appropriate.
I am delighted that Robert Lloyd Griffiths has agreed to Chair this Strategic Board. Not only does Robert bring a wealth of experience from a long career in marketing and communications and more recently as Director Wales, Institute of Directors, but he also chaired the Micro-Business task and finish group which recommended that the Business Wales One Stop Shop service should be established therefore bringing with him the background and understanding of the needs of businesses here in Wales.
The full membership of the Strategic Board is:
- Andrea Callanan – Director, Sing and Inspire
- Ben Cottam - Head of ACCA Cymru/Wales
- Dan Langford - Group Marketing & Communications Director of Acorn
- Peter Davies - Commissioner for Sustainable Futures
- Robert Chapman - Managing Director, Robert Chapman and Company