Woodland Opportunity Map: user guide , file type: PDF, file size: 4 MB
We have reviewed and updated our Woodland Opportunity Map. It sits on the DataMapWales portal. Its aim is to ensure that trees are planted in the right place for greatest benefit. It is an on-line viewer which:
- provides a general guide to landowners
- aims to identify areas of Wales which are most suited to new woodland creation
- includes information to show areas that are potentially sensitive to new woodland creation
- signposts further guidance on consultation with the appropriate authority
- demonstrates how we score applications for our planting grant schemes
The map is relevant to all woodland creation proposals, however they are funded.
The User Guide sets out how to use this on-line tool.