Information on the progress made by social landlords in achieving the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS) for all their stock.
- The number of social housing dwellings that are compliant with WHQS (including acceptable fails) continues to increase.
- 93% of social housing dwellings were WHQS compliant (including acceptable fails) compared to 90% a year earlier.
- 69% of all social housing dwellings were fully compliant with the WHQS at 31 March 2019.
- WHQS compliance is higher for RSLs, with 99% achieving WHQS compliance (including acceptable fails) compared to 84% of local authority dwellings.
- The most common reason for an acceptable fail was ‘Timing of Remedy’; occurring in over half of all compliant dwellings containing an acceptable fail.
- ‘Mains powered smoke detectors’, ‘kitchens’, ‘bathrooms’ and ‘central heating systems’, all have 99% WHQS compliance (including acceptable fails).
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 061 6023
Tel: 0300 025 8099