Information on the progress made by social landlords in achieving the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS) for all their stock as at 31 December 2020.
The data presents the progress made by all social landlords (local authorities and registered social landlords (RSLs)) in achieving the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS) for all their stock.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the 31 March 2020 collection and publication was cancelled and has been replaced with a collection that covers compliance with WHQS as at 31 December 2020. An updated version of WHQS is currently being developed
- The number of social housing dwellings that are compliant with WHQS (including acceptable fails) continues to increase.
- 99% of all social housing dwellings were WHQS compliant (including acceptable fails) compared to 93% as at 31 March 2019.
- 75% of all social housing dwellings were fully compliant with the WHQS at 31 December 2020.
- WHQS compliance is higher for RSLS with nearly all dwellings achieving WHQS compliance (including acceptable fails) compared to 97% of local authority dwellings.
- The most common reason for an acceptable fail was ‘Timing of Remedy’; occurring in just over half of all dwellings containing an acceptable fail.
Welsh Housing Quality Standard: as at 31 December 2020 , file type: PDF, file size: 691 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5741
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.