Welsh Government Apprentices
Why an apprenticeship?
As an apprentice you will earn while you train. It’s a great career choice whether you are leaving school or college, returning to work after starting a family or looking for a new career. There’s a wide range of jobs on offer. A job at the Welsh Government is unlike any other in Wales.
At the Welsh Government you’ll be given support and guidance so you can develop your skills in the workplace. You will also need to set aside time to study for your apprenticeship. You’ll be a valued member of the team from day one.
What apprenticeships are available?
We don’t currently have any apprenticeship opportunities open as we are reviewing our requirements for 2021. If you’d like to keep updated on the vacancies that we’re advertising, you may want to visit our jobs board: Welsh Government External Vacancies Board.
If you’d like to receive Job Alert e-mails that let you know when we’re advertising a role that suits your preferences, scroll to the bottom of the jobs board, and you’ll see the ‘Create Job Alert’ link. Click this, and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your alerts. You’ll need to log in or create an account as part of this process.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply you:
- will be at least 16 years of age at the time of making your application
- will not be in full-time education (you can apply while still attending school/college/university but will have finished or intend to finish your studies by the time your apprenticeship starts)
- will need to meet the Civil Service Nationality requirements to apply.
Please note that ALS our training providers have their own eligibility in order to provide the funding required to undertake an apprenticeship. You may not be eligible to apply if:
- you already hold a qualification at Level 3 or above in ICT, Software, Web and Telecoms or a similar subject
- you already hold a qualification at Level 3 or above in Business Administration, Customer Service or a similar subject
What are the benefits?
Why the Welsh Government?
At the Welsh Government we have over 5,000 staff in offices across Wales. Our jobs are varied. You could work in health, education, the environment, sport, tourism, CADW, and many other areas.
We offer some of the best apprenticeship opportunities in Wales, which can open doors to your future career. As a Welsh Government apprentice you’ll discover the huge number of different things we do. Many staff are office based while others are out and about working in marine enforcement, as a castle custodian, a traffic officer, a farm liaison officer or something else entirely.