Terms of reference for the Welsh 20mph Taskforce.
The TFG will investigate the evidence and implications for the adoption of 20mph on restricted roads, generally residential streets and roads in built up areas, across Wales. All current 30mph roads should by default be set at 20mph, but a Local Traffic Authority will be able to make exceptions where a 30mph limit will be maintained.
A series of work streams managed by Project Groups (PG) will be set up by the TFG to investigate the practical issues associated with making this change. The work will identify such matters as how it should be implemented, taking into account costs and benefits, as well as the means of delivering the infrastructure and behavioural changes required for it to be successful.
2. The Taskforce Group (TFG) membership
- Chair Phil Jones – Phil Jones Associates
- Confederation of Passenger Transport UK
- Disability Wales
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Freight Transport Association
- Fire and Rescue Service
- Guide Dogs
- Living Streets
- Local Authority Regional Representatives
- Public Health Wales
- Road Haulage Association
- University of the West of England (Bristol)
- Welsh Government
- Welsh Local Government Association