This consultation ended 19 June 2013.
Details of outcome
We want your views on developing a Waste Prevention Programme which will cover all waste streams and focus on waste prevention.
A waste prevention programme would involve reducing:
- the amount of waste through re-using products or extending the life of products
- the negative impacts of waste on the environment and human health
- the content of harmful substances in materials and products.
This programme supports ‘Towards Zero Waste’ our waste strategy document for Wales. There is also an EU requirement for member states to develop a waste prevention programme.
These proposals seek to deliver sustainable outcomes. The main outcome for the programme is breaking the connection between waste generation and economic growth.
We want your views on the consultation document. We recommend that you read the consultation with:
- the Sustainability Appraisal (incorporating the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- the Health Impact Assessment (HIA)
- the Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA).