The occupancy surveys provide trend information on the demand of tourist accommodation in Wales for 2018.
- In 2018 Welsh hotels reported average room occupancy of 66% broadly on par with the recent five year trend.
- 2018 was not as profitable as 2017 in terms of room revenue performance, although yields were higher compared to 2014, 2015 and 2016 levels.
- Room occupancy levels across Wales in the Guest House/B&B sector fell slightly to 35%.
- The annual self-catering average unit occupancy for all cottages and apartments was 55% with high levels of occupancy during peak periods. The average unit occupancy for the period May to October was 70%.
- The 2018 seasonal average occupancy (May to October) for static caravans and holiday homes reached 88%.
- The annual average hostel and bunkhouse bed occupancy in 2018 was 53%.
Telephone: 0300 025 1138
Telephone: 0300 025 8099