This consultation ended 19 February 2019.
Details of outcome
We are seeking your views on plans to make changes to Welsh domestic food law in the event of a no deal Brexit.
We are consulting on corrections to Welsh statutory instruments derived from EU law. These relate to food marketing standards, labelling and school milk.
The proposed amendments correct deficiencies. They are made in order to ensure the law remains effective should there be a no deal Brexit. The changes should not affect Welsh industry.
The affected legislation is:
- The Marketing of Fresh Horticulture Produce (Wales) Regulations 2009
- The Eggs and Chicks (Wales) Regulations 2010
- The Beef and Veal Labelling (Wales) Regulations 2011
- The Poultrymeat (Wales) Regulations 2011
- Carcase Classification and Price Reporting (Wales) Regulations 2018
- The School Milk (Wales) Regulations 2017
- The Reporting of Prices of Milk Products (Wales) Regulations 2011.
We have extended the consultation period to incorporate additional amendment proposals to the Eggs and Chicks (Wales) Regulations 2010 and the Reporting of Prices of Milk Products (Wales) Regulations 2011. The consultation will now close on 19 February 2019.