The Barometer assesses business confidence in the Welsh tourism industry and provides indicative results at national, regional and sectoral level for wave 2 2019.
- Most (83%) businesses have increased or maintained their visitor levels during the May/June half term.
- The weather was cited by both those businesses who increased their visitors, and those who reported fewer visitors.
- Repeat business brought stability to the tourism industry during this period.
- All regions of Wales performed as well as last year.
- Following a steady period, businesses in all sectors are now confident for the summer ahead.
Tel: 0300 025 0377
Tel: 0300 025 8099