Skip to content

Export pony licences

The content of this page is not being updated. Get up to date information on animal welfare at

Related Links

Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.

If you are planning to export a pony of 147 cms (14.2 hands) or less to Ireland for breeding, riding or exhibition, you will require an export pony licence.

The Export Pony Licence application form can be found below along with guidance on the welfare arrangements for exporting ponies.

If you require an application form you can also contact:

Animal and Plant Health Agency
Specialist Service Centre,
Hadrian House,
Wavell Drive,
Rosehill Industrial Estate,

Tel No: 01228 403600 - option 7
Fax No: 01228 591900