A summary of the Panel's purpose.
- To aid the Welsh Government’s understanding of the needs of users of official statistics from the third sector and what statistical information they hold that would be of wider interest.
- To provide a forum through which third sector representatives can provide their views on proposed statistical plans.
- To provide an opportunity to advise the third sector about statistical developments and invite comments on proposals; this could include consultation on particular issues relating to statistics.
- To encourage third sector representatives to provide feedback on the content or format of particular statistical outputs or websites.
- To allow third sector representatives to highlight their particular areas of interest and to suggest areas where more detailed technical briefing would be of interest.
- To develop a relationship between Welsh Government statisticians and third sector users that is of mutual benefit. This could include sharing of training or shadowing opportunities and statistical volunteering.