The strategic authority for overseeing all aspects of Post-Compulsory Education and Training (PCET).
The commission, subject to legislation, will be established as an independent Welsh Government sponsored body by 2023. It will be responsible for overseeing the post-16 sector in Wales which includes further education (FE), higher education (HE), apprenticeships, sixth forms and Welsh Government funded research and innovation in the PCET sector.
- Protecting the interests of learners, ensuring vocational and academic learning are equally valued
- align education and training more closely with the needs of employers
- monitor performance and governance whilst protecting the academic freedom of institutions
- monitor and promote improvement in education and training providers
- take a whole system approach to research and innovation funding with an ability to provide funding to a wide range of HE and FE institutions
- to increase the availability of Welsh-medium tertiary education and to encourage individuals to learn through the medium of Welsh.
If you require further information or guidance, please contact us at CTER@gov.wales