This consultation ended 27 June 2018.
Details of outcome
We want your views on ways to tackle avoidance of non-domestic rates (business rates) in Wales.
We are consulting on:
- ways to improve the accuracy and timeliness of information provided about ratepayers’ circumstances
- whether the arrangements for empty property rates and relief should change to reduce avoidance
- reducing abuse of mandatory charitable relief by bogus charities
- whether a general anti-avoidance rule could be developed for non-domestic rates in Wales
- non-legislative measures to improve compliance such as joint working between agencies and resources to aid investigation.