This consultation ended 4 March 2013.
Details of outcome
This consultation explains our plans for legislation to place a Sustainable Development (SD) duty on some organisations in Wales and create a new independent SD body.
We committed in the Programme for Government to:
- legislate to put sustainable development at the core of the Welsh Government and public bodies in Wales; and
- create an independent sustainable development body for Wales.
We held a consultation earlier this year on our initial proposals for the Bill. We have used those responses to help us develop the proposals set out in this white paper A Sustainable Wales: Better choices for a better future.
We now want your views on:
- the proposals for a new duty to embed sustainable development as the central organising principle of selected organisations in Wales;
- the proposals for an independent sustainable development body;
- the proposed phasing and implementation of the duty including the timing for the creation of the independent sustainable development body; and
- the proposals to improve the accountability framework for sustainable development in Wales.
A series of Consultation events were held throughout Wales. Attached below is a copy of a resource pack should you wish to provide a presentation about the Bill to your colleagues.