An annual report produced by the Student Loans Company showing information by type of support.
Key results for academic year 2017/18 (final)
- 74,000 student support scheme students in Wales were receiving support in 2017/18.
- The final amount of student support awarded in 2017/18 was £951.9m, an increase of 9 per cent on 2016/17.
- A total of £127.9m was awarded in Welsh Government Learning Grant (WGLG), unchanged from 2016/17.
- 57,400 students were paid Maintenance Loans, which amounted to £274.0m, compared to 57,400 students paid £238.6m in 2016/17.
- Higher Education (HE) Institutions were paid Tuition Fee Loans amounting to £223.6m, on behalf of 57,100 students domiciled in Wales and EU domiciled students studying in Wales.
- £268.0m of Tuition Fee Grant was paid.
- £28.2m of Postgraduate loans was paid.
Latest loan take-up rates, for academic year 2016/17
- An estimated 94.9 per cent of eligible students took out a Maintenance Loan.
- An estimated 95.2 per cent of eligible students took out a Tuition Fee Loan.
Tel: 0300 025 9528
Tel: 0300 025 8099