If you’re aged between 16 and 18 you usually won’t have to pay tuition fees. You may also be eligible for:
- Education Maintenance Allowance
- support from your local authority
- Financial Contingency Fund (FCF)
FCF supports students who are:
- in financial difficulty
- likely to leave their education.
Further information is available from your local college who run the scheme.
If you’re over 19 you might need to pay tuition fees. Most FE colleges offer free or discounted tuition to:
- learners from low income families
- disabled learners
- learners on benefits
You may also be eligible for a Welsh Government Learning Grant (on Student Finance Wales).
You might qualify for Jobseeker's Allowance if you:
- are studying for less than 16 hours a week
- can show that you are available for work
Contact your local Jobcentre Plus to find out more.
Apply for free or subsidised travel during your course.
You may be able to receive help with the cost of childcare while you are studying. Contact your school or college for more information.