This consultation ended 27 January 2012.
Details of outcome
We want to measure the contribution the planning system makes to our vision of a sustainable Wales.
Our Sustainable Development Scheme One Wales: One Planet (2009) sets out our vision of a sustainable Wales. It identifies the planning system as one of 4 key themes that underpin our approach to delivering sustainable development in Wales. Here we said that we would initiate in consultation with local government a strategic monitoring framework to measure key sustainable development outcomes delivered by the planning system.
We commissioned research to help us decide how we could do this. The research has completed. We are now consulting on a strategic monitoring framework to measure the contribution the planning system makes to our vision of a sustainable Wales.
The research has been published separately and can be found on our planning research pages.
We are seeking your views on:
- our approach to measuring the contribution of the planning system to our vision of a sustainable Wales
- each of the proposed indicators
- the phasing and reporting levels of the new framework
- the consolidation of existing measures
- the impacts on local planning authorities
- the reporting arrangements for the framework.