Information on assessments, safeguarding, private fostering and expenditure activity of local authority social services for April 2018 to March 2019.
This is the latest release
- 118,464 assessments of need for care and support were undertaken for adults and children. 33,464 led to the provision of a care and support plan.
- 8,156 assessments of need for support for carers and young carers were undertaken, which led to the provision of 3,407 support plans.
- 125,415 total services provided to adults through a care and support plan or support plan.
- 20,472 reports where it was suspected that an adult was at risk of abuse or neglect were received by local authorities.
- 2,820 children were on the child protection register at 31 March 2019.
- £1,921 million was spent on social services by local authorities across Wales.
This new publication, Social Services Activity, includes information previously published in the following statistical reports: Adults receiving care and support, Children receiving care and support, Adult safeguarding and Private fostering.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6735
Telephone: 0300 025 8099