Information on assessments, safeguarding, private fostering and expenditure activity of local authority social services for April 2018 to March 2019.
This is the latest release
- 118,464 assessments of need for care and support were undertaken for adults and children. 33,464 led to the provision of a care and support plan.
- 8,156 assessments of need for support for carers and young carers were undertaken, which led to the provision of 3,407 support plans.
- 125,415 total services provided to adults through a care and support plan or support plan.
- 20,472 reports where it was suspected that an adult was at risk of abuse or neglect were received by local authorities.
- 2,820 children were on the child protection register at 31 March 2019.
- £1,921 million was spent on social services by local authorities across Wales.
This new publication, Social Services Activity, includes information previously published in the following statistical reports: Adults receiving care and support, Children receiving care and support, Adult safeguarding and Private fostering.
Notice of suspension
Welsh Government data collections, research activity and outputs have been reviewed in light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic; our statement explains this further. It was decided that the data collections which this statistical release is based on would be suspended for 2019-20; as such there will be no updated publication for this reporting year.
Social Services activity, April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 716 KB
Social Services activity, April 2018 to March 2019: infographic , file type: PDF, file size: 204 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6735
Telephone: 0300 025 8099