Sir Frank Atherton is the Chief Medical Officer.
He is responsible for:
- working with Welsh Government policy departments and external partners on public health
- leading the clinical contribution in Wales to improving the quality of healthcare and patient outcomes
- leading the medical profession in Wales including medical regulation, education and training, standards and performance
- the development of health and care research in Wales
- maintaining UK and international links with other UK Chief Medical Officers, government departments and organisations
He has previously worked as:
- Deputy Chief Medical Officer in the Department of Health and Wellness in Nova Scotia, Canada
- Director of Public Health in north Lancashire
- President of the UK Association of Directors of Public Health
Sir Frank Atherton
Directorate for Health Policy
Rydym yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome correspondence in Welsh.