Data on sickness absence rates for directly employed NHS staff for July to September 2019.
- Sickness absence was 5.4%, up 0.2 percentage point from the same period in 2018.
- The Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust had the highest sickness absence, 7.3%.
- Health Education and Improvement Wales Special Health Authority had the lowest sickness absence, 1.8%.
- The staff group with the highest sickness absence was the Healthcare Assistants and other support workers staff group, 8.1%.
- The staff group with the lowest sickness absence was the Medical and Dental staff group, 1.8%.
Sickness absence in the NHS, July to September 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 591 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6735
Telephone: 0300 025 8099