Data on sickness absence rates for directly employed NHS staff for January to March 2019.
- Sickness absence was 5.6%, down 0.1 percentage point from the same period in 2018.
- The Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust had the highest sickness absence, 7.4%.
- Health Education and Improvement Wales Special Health Authority had the lowest sickness absence, 2.9%.
- The staff group with the highest sickness absence was the Healthcare Assistants and other support workers staff group, 8.0%.
- The staff group with the lowest sickness absence was the Medical and Dental staff group, 1.9%.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 6735
Tel: 0300 025 8099