Seren is a collaboration between state schools, colleges, universities, Alumni, Local Authorities, Welsh Government and third sector organisations working in partnership to support Seren students.
Seren supports the most academically able students and helps them gain entry to leading universities in Wales, the UK and overseas.
The Seren Network offers its students invaluable international opportunities. Through established partnerships with Yale, Harvard and MIT, students from Wales have been supported to attend YYGS (Yale Young Global Scholars) Summer Schools and Harvard Summer School. In 2019, two Welsh students travelled to YYGS’s Summer School in Beijing for the first time.
Seren Academy supports post-16 students from all:
- state schools with a 6th form
- further education colleges
Since 2018, we have been piloting Seren Foundation to raise students’ aspirations by extending the reach of Seren, so that learners can benefit from Year 8.
The Seren Network:
- inspires students about their future career aspirations
- stretches and challenges students in the subjects they enjoy
- links students with leading UK universities, providing information and advice
- provides information on university summer schools, workshops and other activities across the UK
- provides advice on completing UCAS applications and interviews
- supports schools and teachers to provide the best advice and activities for their high achieving students
If your question is for the Seren team at Welsh Government, please email SERENNetwork@gov.wales