A project to help sustainable development of key sectors in the Welsh marine area.
Development of sector locational guidance has focused on:
- tidal stream energy
- wave energy
- aquaculture - available 2022
We have focused on these because:
- they are identified in the marine plan as having sustainable growth opportunities
- they can benefit from an accessible, applied, fit for purpose and structured evidence base
- the collation and interpretation of relevant datasets and new evidence is achievable
You can access the sector reports here:
You can access spatial data through the Marine Planning Portal.
You can access initial sector reports here:
- Tidal stream sector locational guidance initial report: March 2021
- Wave energy sector locational guidance initial report: March 2021
Stakeholder interaction has been crucial to the development of sector locational guidance. If you are involved in any of the focal sectors and would like to provide feedback, please get in touch: Marineplanning@gov.wales.