A review of the funding, organisation and range of work undertaken by the service.
This is the latest release
The review had two main aims:
- To investigate the funding, organisation and range of work undertaken by the Athrawon Bro service: and
- To review the training delivered by the Athrawon Bro service and where applicable provide recommendations on how to improve training.
The review’s findings include:
- The vast majority of the Athrawon Bro workforce are women and the age profile of the workforce is skewed towards the over 40s.
- The service which Athrawon Bro deliver varies significantly across Wales reflecting the relative strength of the welsh language in different parts of Wales.
- The largest portion of Athrawon Bro time is spent in non Welsh-medium primary schools providing on-the-job training and support to practitioners.
- Athrawon Bro teams have invested a significant amount of time developing teaching, learning and assessment resources.
Based on the evidence the review makes recommendations for the Welsh Government, Local Authorities and the Welsh Joint education Committee.