Report reviews the evidence regarding priority need test in Wales. It involves research with stakeholders to explore potential future options and lessons learned from Scotland.
This is the latest release
The research was undertaken between April and October 2019 and has five main objectives.
- Develop a clear understanding of the implementation of the Priority Need test in contemporary Welsh legislation.
- Draw learning from the abolition of Priority Need in Scotland.
- Identify options for change, in relation to the abolition of Priority Need or the extension of Priority Need categories.
- Examine key issues in the implementation processes associated with possible changes to Priority Need.
- Explore the wide range of possible impacts of any changes to the Priority Need test.
It should be noted that this research was undertaken prior to the COVID-19 pandemic and associated lockdown. Therefore, the analysis does not take into account subsequent changes to homelessness policies or interventions, nor the potential economic fallout.
Review of priority need in Wales , file type: PDF, file size: 3 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 6791
Telephone: 0300 025 8099