This research aims to understand the local/regional labour market skill gaps and opportunities for refugees to increase their employment prospects within Wales.
This is the latest release
- Most refugees face significant barriers to finding work.
- Entry level jobs often do not represent a stepping stone to progression but rather a sticking point, so they become 'dead ends'.
- Work with refugees should focus upon preparing for employment, sustaining employment and supporting progression in employment.
- Although the elements of effective practice are reasonably well understood implementation can be challenging.
- Although there is a case for specialist services, ReStart does not have the capacity to support all those refugees who may need or benefit from support to find and progress in employment.
- There is no 'silver bullet' and co-ordinated action is required across a range of services and partners.
ReStart: Refugee Integration, Employer Engagement Opportunities , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Telephone: 0300 062 2253
Telephone: 0300 025 8099