If you find an animal that may have been poisoned, report it.
Signs of poisoning
The following may be signs of poisoning or pesticide abuse:
- dead animals cut open and staked out (baits) - these may contain poison
- several dead birds or animals close together
- creatures which appear to have died suddenly for no obvious reason
- eggs in unusual places, possibly with an ink mark.
Report an incident
Contact the Wildlife Incident Investigation Scheme:
- freephone 0800 321600 or phone 03000 615920
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information you should provide
- location of incident
- number and type of casualties or suspected baits
- when the incident happened
- contact name and telephone number