The report offers a first insight into whether Rent Policy is fit for purpose and achieves its original objectives. Particularly in the context of external developments.
Overall, the Rent Policy is meeting its objectives and should be retained.
However, the report concludes there are issues requiring further consideration.
- The lack of fit between the rent policy and the policy on grant rates for new developments.
- The extent of annual variations in the locational index within the rent matrix.
- Whether there is a sufficiently compelling case for a higher upward differential for bungalows, relative to flats.
- The extent to which some landlords do not appear to understand the policy, and the flexibility it already provides them with.
- There is scope for better, more meaningful, engagement with tenants.
- A need for greater focus on Value for Money alongside affordability.
Telephone: 0300 025 5780
Telephone: 0300 025 8099